Topics: 125
Kudos: 92
Solutions: 237
My Device: iPhone 5
Re: AT&T to begin unlocking off-contract iPhones this Sunday, April 8th

bethbeeman wrote:

youngjm wrote:

bethbeeman wrote:

So.  Why don't your customer service reps know the drill on unlocking the out of contract phones? I purchased my 3gs directly from ATT in Decemer 09.  They say they have to submit a case and then I will hear back.  Why do others get this resolved when they are on the phone?  Why are some getting an email within the hour after they submit?  Why am I waiting so long to hear back.  This seems really ridiculously implemented.  Seriously folks, why didn't you plan for this annoucement?

I am not an ATT employee so here is my guess..... They did not say anything until just before it was announced to avoid leaks.  They picked a holiday to start it and did not have proper training for the staff let alone their reps who have more seniority .  (Bad decision on their part)  Since each case/account is slightly different, there really is no way yet to know why some are getting quicker answers but unless you need the unlocked phone today, you should be fine by the time you need it?

Hope so... Just shudder every time I have to call ATT customer service.  It's the company not the employees that is the problem. How unfair of them to do this and not properly train their reps!

To be fair, the one rep I did have an oline chat with was very professional, quick and provided the answer I was expecting.  I thought I might get lucky!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.