Computer-Joe
Topics: 247
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 71
My Device: works just fine, thank you.
Re: U-verse for BUSINESS? : 2Wire 3600HGV bridge mode? or another AT&T supported VDSL modem?

psmd44 wrote:

Computer-Joe wrote:

So it only happens when you try to connect to the WRT wirelessly and not wired?

Have you turned off the wireless on the RG?

No because that defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do.   I want to use the RG as the wireless hub for the main floor of the house and the WRT as an extension of that to get a stronger wireless signal in an upstairs bedroom.   Turning off the wireless on the RG in order to get the WRT to work would leave me back where I started -- with one wireless router situated on the main floor.  

Well, as I mentioned earlier, you may find that the WRT upstairs will cover your home wirelessly well enough without the RG's wireless even being needed, as well as it being a troubleshooting step to see if we can pinpoint whether the problem is do to the load over the wired connection through the STB or some  kind of conflict between the radios.

Did you try a wired connection to the WRT yet to see if that also crashes the RG.?

Did you turn off NAT in the WRT?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.