AT&T Will NOT Refund Money Taken from me AFTER ACCOUNT CLOSED! HELP, Please! It's been 6 Months![ Edited ]
06-12-2012 09:59:02 AM - last edited on 06-12-2012 10:46:27 AM by Phil-101
Please help me. I amat my wits end.
- December 2, 2011 (Fri): Service Installed. I was displeased and asked for service to be disconnected -- SAME DAY
- December 5, 2011 (Mon): Acct closed by AT&T (within 30 days...I was told I would owe NOTHING)
- January 9, 2012: At&t deducted $74.50 from my checking account
- February 6, 2012: At&t deducted $162.38 from my checking account
- February 6, 2012: I called and informed ATT of the issue and asked for refund. I was promised a refund
- April 2, 2012: Called again after NEVER RECEIVING money to ask for refund. this time the ATT rep had no idead about the 2/6 call. I had to re-present my case. I was promised a refund.
- June 12, 2012: Called again after NEVER RECEIVING money to ask for refun. I was promised (this time) they would look into the matter with a resolution on June 15, 2012.
- I will call back on Friday...but wanted a place where I can document this problem, because, I have EVERY REASON to believe on June 15th I will call ATT and they will tell me they have NO RECORD of my calling and will have me re-present the issue and they will likely launch a NEW INVESTIGATION.
I will continue to pursue this matter until l recieve my refund of $238.88. These monies were taken from me without reason and ATT has *not* done the right thing in promptly returning my funds.
I am writing this forum to ask for ways to escalate this matter should it become a serious problem (which I expect it will). I am ready to investigate legal recourse or engage BBB if necessary.
[edited for privacy]