Contributor
escarpelli
AT&T Yahoo! services suspended

I have not had an account wtih at&t  since January; however I was advised I could keep my yahoo/sbcglobal.net email account.  As of this morning I am unable to log into my account.  It is telling me my services have been suspended.  I have tried calling At&t & yahoo and no one can help.  How do I get reinstated?

Community Manager
ATTAlexCM
My Device: All
Re: AT&T Yahoo! services suspended

escarpelli wrote:

I have not had an account wtih at&t  since January; however I was advised I could keep my yahoo/sbcglobal.net email account.  As of this morning I am unable to log into my account.  It is telling me my services have been suspended.  I have tried calling At&t & yahoo and no one can help.  How do I get reinstated?

Welcome escarpelli.  I'm sorry to hear about the email account trouble. Since this is account specific, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

For additional help options, please see the free att.net email help section.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Contributor
djtricky33
[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem and after 5 calls to AT&T I've had no success in reinstating my email accounts (that I use for business as well as personal). Extremely frustrating !!

I've been given 5 different answers and nothing has resolved my issue.

Please help !!

Eric {personal content removed for safety}

Contributor
seline99

I have the same issue with a sub-account and have emailed ALEX directly. I am looking forward to a prompt reply, as we have been locked out for a couple of days now, and all tech support did was bounce us around with no solution.

Contributor
djtricky33

I did the very same thing 2 days ago. I'm not sure about "prompt", but any informed reply would be good at this point.  In speaking with yet ANOTHER support person today I was told that this was a billing issue and that I would have to call a different number on Monday and that I may not be able to retrieve my emails - EVER.  So now, I'm 3 days with no acccess to my business emails going into the weekend with possibly a dire resolution looming.  Unbelievable ! Absolute insanity.

Eric

Contributor
djtricky33

Finally resolved my email suspension issue - it was over $7. I had a new Visa card issued and this month's billing didn't go through because of the new card. Ok...I own that, but it shouldn't have taken 5 days and 7 calls to 4 different departments to resolve this. In the meantime, I'm losing valuable business because of AT&T support's incompetence.

1 - I had no idea I was being billed $7/mo for my att.net email. I never receive an invoice - that should be fixed immediately.

2 - After being transferred from here to kingdom come, my resolution came from the initial phone number that I called 5 days ago listed on the suspension notice web page (AT&T Dial UP support), only this was the 4th person in that department I spoke to and she instantly knew what my issue was. When I first called the number 5 days ago I was literally told that this was NOT AT&T's problem and that they could do nothing to help me.They couldn't even locate the email account.  How's that for support?

3 - This has truly been the worst support experience I've ever encountered.

4 - I will be looking to xsfer my home phone service and email ASAP - I'm done with AT&T.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Eric

Contributor
timhirota

I'm getting this message, too. can someone help?

Contributor
keefer97

As of this morning I am unable to log into my account.  It is telling me my services have been suspended.  I have tried calling At&t & yahoo and no one can help.  How do I get reinstated? Can someone from AT&T resolve this freakin issue!!!

Contributor
travbailey
Go with gmail.

I had my account hijacked by a spammer.

I tried for weeks to get this resolved through AT&T/yahoo with no results.

So I ignored the hijacked account.

Now my account is suspended.

gmail is so much better.

Tutor
longa50

After an hour being transferred around AT&T, I finally got my same problem resolved.  My credit card expired, and email account suspended.  Call ATT Dial up billing 866-435-3264.  Provide email address, they verify and update new credit card, and reactivate your ATT Yahoo email.