Re: AT&T 2Wire 2701HG-B Disconnect
s / Drops
03-09-2012 07:28:06 AM
This issue happens when you are on a wireless connection. So here's the quick fix.
1. Access 192.168.1.254 on your computer that is currently hardwired or connected via ethernet thru the modem
2. Click on FIREWALL [You will see 4 picturethes on the top of the page: SYSTEM, BROADBAND LINK, HOME NETWORK & FIREWALL. You have to click on the icon.]
3. Click on ADVANCE SETTINGS [blue hyperlink]
4. On the left hand side on your screen, you will see and option that says ATTACK DETECTION. You need to uncheck PACKET FLOOD. Then SAVE the changes.
5. Click on the HOME NETWORK icon on the top.
6. Tap EDIT SETTINGS on the bottom right hand side of that page.
7. Scroll to the bottom left. Under ADDITIONAL SETTINGS, WIRELESS MODE should be set to 802.11b
8. Click on SAVE on the bottom left.
NOTE: 2WIRE MODEM WILL PROMPT YOU TO ENTER THE SYSTEM PASSWORD EVERYTIME YOU MAKE CHANGES ON THE MODEM. THIS IS THE PASSWORD THAT YOU INITIALLY SET-UP WHEN YOU GOT THE MODEM. IF YOU DONT REMEMBER IT CLICK ON I FORGOT PASSWORD AND IT WILL GIVE YOU A HINT. IF YOU STILL DONT REMEMBER IT. CLICK ON I STILL DONT REMEMBER THE PASSWORD. IT WILL ASKED FOR THE SYSTEM KEY WHICH IS A 10-DIGIT NUMBER ENCLOSED IN BRACKETS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR MODEM. THEN CREATE A NEW PASSWORD.