Re: User Guide for my 2Wire 3801HGV Gateway
08-01-2011 07:54:22 AM
I have the manual posted for download on my server:
Note a few things:
- This is the manual that was posted on the FCC's site before it disappeared.
- This is a very early (only?) revision of the manual for the 3800HGV-B. It refers to the coax connection as an "MCoA" connection, even though the final technology used was HPNA.
- This manual appears to be based on an older unit, the 3700HGV-B, updated for the 3800HGV-B, so there are references in the manual to the 3700.
- This manual is based on version 5.x of the RG firmware, this has been superceded by version 6.x, so all the screens are different and the functions are in different locations, even though most of those functions are still there.
- There are areas in the manual where it talks about functions present in the generic 3800 firmware, some of which have been disabled or made inaccessible by AT&T.
As such, I don't know how useful this manual really is, but it's there if you want it.
Award for Community Excellence (A.C.E.) achiever for 2012*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.