Tutor
shela12
Ridiculous name check
[ Edited ]

I have a good Irish last name of {Personal content removed for your safety}. You have to insert the 'a" after the F because it won't let me post otherwise!

When I first ried to register, the error checking kepttelling me I was using a bad word. Presumably it was the first 3 letters of my last name. Give me a break! Can't the error routine differentiate between a 3 letter word & embedded letters. I was insulted. I wish I could think of some long surnames that would really blow it's mind!

mibrnsurg
Topics: 1,024
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 199
Re: Ridiculous name check

Welcome to the world of our dysfunctional kindergarten word filter. :smileysad:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Uniblurb3
Topics: 469
Kudos: 25

Yep, it is ridiculous! And at least you don't have a first name which may also be filtered. We even have to post the name of well known novel and movie about the great white whale as "Moby Richard"!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
dhascall
Topics: 1,140
Kudos: 143
Solutions: 39
My Device: LG Optimus (Virgin Mobile)

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Yep, it is ridiculous! And at least you don't have a first name which may also be filtered. We even have to post the name of well known novel and movie about the great white whale as "Moby Richard"!

You can't even talk about retired NASCAR driver D1ck Trickle, either!  NUTS.

The word filter is too agressive and needs to be just George Carlin's 7 dirty words that you can't say on Televsion.

ACE - Professor
skeeterintexas
[ Edited ]

...and beyond the obvious, the most innocuous words are banned too. 

I wanted to make the statement "ehhhh....I'm an i d i ot...." (speaking about MYSELF) but the Word Police said 'no, no'.   :smileysad:

Uniblurb3
Topics: 469
Kudos: 25

Hey skeeter, that's the word I tried to use for the guy(s) who shot and the 2 Bald Eagles in Kansas! Was forced to change it to "not-so-bright" which is way too polite for these low-life national symbol killers.

And my fav is when the word filter goes after HTML codes which don't even show up in a post! Can't even post some weather forecasts from NOAA since our government doesn't realize they have nasty subliminal abbreviation codes (wt..) in their forecasts. :smileysad:

mibrnsurg
Topics: 1,024
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 199

That's part of the banned words inside another word, Uni, that's the most ridiculous one of all. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more