Computer-Joe
Topics: 246
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 71
My Device: works just fine, thank you.
Re: PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

Phil-101 wrote:

Hi Computer-Joe,

I can fully understand your frustration when this occurs.

From the Community perspective, I can see a downside to locking out moves when a reply window is open.

A member might be composing a very long and complex response, or is interrupted and walks away from the computer with the reply window open.  This could cause a substantial delay in moving a message to the proper location.

However, we want the forum platform to be as user friendly as possible and your suggestions are highly valued.

So even though I know the administrators read the posts here, I will be sure to highlight this thread to their attention.  There are some good suggestions here from both Computer-Joe and aviewer.

Thanks!

That's exactly my point, after all that work, it's lost. The last thread it happened on was at it's previous location for at least a day and a half and I had already posted to it at least twice before, so it does not seem post moving is all that time critical.

I don't think it would be that difficult to change the "read only" message to "oops this thread has been moved, would you like to post your reply in the new location?" or at least fix it so that the freakin autosave retains your message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.