Uniblurb3
Topics: 469
Kudos: 25
Re: PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

JefferMC wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Good suggestion JefferMC but unfortunately if you are directed to a "read only" post which has been moved there's no going back on your browser button since the text in your reply is gone. It's also not saved, like CJ had mentioned, and you can't reload the page since the "Load" prompt at the top of some composed replies where you left the page is nowhere to be found. It's currently a no-win situation in replying to moved posts. :smileysad:

I would have to contrive to get in the situation he finds himself in to test his situation exactly, but on a successful post I was able to back pedal to the previous page and the text control still had my text in it, just as it did before I hit the Post button.  If you've already tried this on the "read only page" and found that it doesn't work, then... darn, but I'm mildly surprised that the read only page response changes that behavior.

You may be right, and I may be wrong, as far as it's the read only page I get when trying to unsuccessfully post a reply to a moved post. I looked through my 100+ screen shots and couldn't find/remember the exact page I see when posting a reply fails on a moved post. But I do know in using FF with Win7 when I try to go back on the browser with a reply to a moved post there is nothing I can do to retrieve the text and it's gone.

Next time this happens and I see the page I'll take a screen shot of it.

If I remember correctly CJ is using a different browser (XP) and maybe IE? He said in his first post, below is what he sees, but I'm not sure it has the same prompt for going back on the browser? This SS is a year old and guess we'll let CJ answer what he actually sees. Who knows and maybe I see the same thing and can't really remember.

Read only in Forum Reply, 4-19-11.png

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.