Re: .com, .net, etc.
09-29-2008 07:57:47 AM
Sorry for the underwhelming amount of details. To address some of the questions asked:
- Before the switch to AT&T, 99% of the time, just entering the address without the extension would work. The few times it didn't, I got a Ro@d Runner search listing, as T!me W@rner was my old service provider.
- The LAN has not changed. The RG runs to an Apple Time Capsule (802.11n), which is bridged to an Airport Extreme (802.11b/g). Previously, the same configuration was used, but the Time Capsule plugged into the T!me W@rner modem.
- The RG is set to have the Time Capsule on DMZPlus. The wireless feature of the RG is disabled.
- The computers in question are Macs. Safari and Firefox are able to fetch URL's without entering the extension. IE 8, to my knowledge, cannot.
- The connection is good. According to speedtest.net, I'm getting ~5000 down. Not sure what the up is, but it is what was paid for.