ACE - Master
oufanindallas
My Device: VZW Motorola RAZR M
Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

EdDinIL wrote:

It was $3.83/gal on Maui two weeks ago. :smileywink:

That's one thing I don't miss about living in Hawaii.  Everyone asks why I moved back to the mainland when I retired from the Navy and I tell them it's too expensive to live there if the military isn't paying for your housing and you aren't getting BAS (Basic Allowance for Substanance).  My housing/food allowance was more per month when I was living in Hawaii than what I currently make at my job.

In McKinney gas is back down to $2.48 at Kroger.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
RCSMG
Topics: 1,289
Solutions: 66

Price of mid-grade has been holding at 2.96 for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Employee
Escapee
My Device: Can I Give U a Hand
[ Edited ]

JefferMC wrote:

I remember prices as low as $0.249 during gas wars in the 60's.

I passed a sign for $2.469 on my way to work this morning.

That sure tells your minimum age. j/k :smileyvery-happy:

oufan

I lived in St. Thomas USVI until Hugo blew all the leaves off the trees and the gas was $1.50 in 1989 there. The islands can be nice but it is expensive. You need to be making about twice as much to maintain a lower standard of living as in the states.  Nice for vacation but not so easy all the time.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
ACE - Master
hpmsrm
My Device: U-verse - Motorola "Atrix" HD

I paid $2.53 per gallon for regular unleaded a couple of days ago.  The price has been hanging around this level....+/- 10 cents for quite a while.

I have a little car expense log book that I was keeping back around 1962 to 1966....and, at one time, I was paying 17.9 cents per gallon for regular leaded gas.  If I remember right it was during a local gas war.  Haven't had one of those in years.

On one notable occasion....just as the space shuttle was about to lift off....one U.S. astronaut turned to the one in the seat next to him and commented, "And just remember...you're sitting on top of $100 million worth of parts manufactured by the lowest bidder." A real confidence builder, eh?
ACE - Master
oufanindallas

Bad news right now is, as the stock market goes, so goes oil prices.  Stocks up, oil up, stocks down, oil down.  Gas prices directly tied to oil prices so they fluctuate as well.  On the rise here again.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
JefferMC
Topics: 141
Solutions: 226
My Device: U-verse/VZW Samsung Galaxy S4

That's why I paid $1.599 for gas yesterday.

ACE - Master
hpmsrm
My Device: U-verse - Motorola "Atrix" HD

JefferMC wrote:

HUH?

On one notable occasion....just as the space shuttle was about to lift off....one U.S. astronaut turned to the one in the seat next to him and commented, "And just remember...you're sitting on top of $100 million worth of parts manufactured by the lowest bidder." A real confidence builder, eh?
Employee
Escapee

The falling dollar has more to do with the price of oil then the stock market. The groups selling the oil don't like parting with it at a discount.

The $4 gas was because speculators thought they could keep bidding the price up or it was really the guys that bet it would go down.  When they finally could not hold on to the losing contract and closed them the price collasped.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
JefferMC
[ Edited ]

hpmsrm wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

HUH?

Sorry that wasn't a complete thought.  The complete thought would be: I guess that's why the price of gas went up from $2.469 to $2.599 in the space of a day (on the same day the stock market also starting shooting up).  It didn't help that I typoed the price.   Oops.

RCSMG

I paid 2.99 per gallon today.  Hear on the news gas prices could reach 3.25 per gallon by the holiday.

ACE - Master
oufanindallas

We have a Kroger loyalty card that gives us $.10 / gal for every $100 we spend. I paid $2.38 yesterday.

jfw
Topics: 147
Solutions: 23

Drove around yesterday, $3.00 - $3.09 was pretty much average. Sticking it to the Thanksgiving holiday travelers already! :smileymad:

ACE - Master
oufanindallas

jfw wrote:

Drove around yesterday, $3.00 - $3.09 was pretty much average. Sticking it to the Thanksgiving holiday travelers already! :smileymad:

Holy crap!  Where are you located that it's that high.  Must be in the CA region.

jfw

oufanindallas wrote:

jfw wrote:

Holy crap!  Where are you located that it's that high.  Must be in the CA region.

Nope....Chicago area. I believe we pay the highest gas prices in the country. The prices I saw are in the suburbs, add about $.20 - $.30 cents more in the city proper.

Here's a link to gas prices in our area if you care to have a look.http://www.automotive.com/gas-prices/33/illinois/cook/chicago/index.html

spd2demun
My Device: ♥ U-verse! NOT~AN~EMPLOYEE!

$2.65 2 days ago!  Up from $2.49 where it's been holding for weeks.

Actually passed lower prices across town, and one station near home $2.59 yesterday; others here still $2.65, same corner. :smileysad:

RCSMG

Paid 2.99 here in Detroit.  Hopefully they won't go up to 3.25 as stated in a news broadcast.

ACE - Master
oufanindallas

The Kroger I filled up on Friday for $2.49 ($2.39 with $.10 discount) is up to $2.69 today.  That's a $.20 jump. 

dhascall
Topics: 1,140
Solutions: 39
My Device: LG Optimus (Virgin Mobile)

I paid $2.74 on Saturday, here in Indy. Filled up both cars.  Many places were $2.99.  Later I saw a Sam's Club that had it for $2.72.  

The place that I got it on Saturday was up to $2.94 this morning.

Uniblurb3
Topics: 469

$2.99 now in Central Ohio and the lowest is $2.89. Agree with jfw they are gearing up for the holiday travelers and supposed to go up even more. :smileymad:

There's certain stations around here I refuse to buy my gas from no matter how cheap. Local BP sold me gas with dirt/water in fuel and sure didn't save any money with car/Jeep repairs. :smileysad:

JefferMC

It wasn't all that long ago I filled up using a FuelPerks loyalty card for $2.269.  Prices have been hopping up and down between $2.499 and $2.599 for the past 5-7 days.

RCSMG

3.09 here in Detroit today.

Employee
Escapee

No wonder everybody is deserting Detroit.  That 30 cents more then I paid today.

RCSMG

Not everybody is.  Hundreds of thousands of us aren't.

jfw

If you want to pay more, come to Chicago. :smileymad:

RCSMG

Yeah, I know we aren't the highest.

spd2demun

I bet Cali is high...taxes and pollution controls. :smileysad:

Uniblurb3
Topics: 469

Yeah, you would think so Spd but if you shop around out there it looks like prices are about the same as we're having in the midwest. Here's the current gas prices for San Diego.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/

I've visited some of those highest gas price stations before and they're right near the airport. Guess they figure they might as well rip you off before you're ripped off when you return/fill up a rental car.

I'm sure up in LA and SF the prices are probably higher.

Not sure when they say stations no longer have to sell the higher priced "Summer Grade" low pollution fuels out there but that's one of the reasons their gas prices are always higher in the Summer months.

Duh, was 100 degrees in SD last week and set records. Of course it was colder than heck here last week with my daughter/grandson staying with us. Temps were in the 20's at night and 30's during the day. Of course it's been beautiful and sunny here this week with high's in the upper 60's. Figures.

Gas actually went down a nickel here and now $2.95.

spd2demun

So much for THAT theory!

$2.57 yesterday; other 2 on same corner still at $2.69--higher as I drive towards town. :smileysad:

spd2demun

$2.57 at one station, but I paid $2.64 away from home.

dhascall
Topics: 1,140
Solutions: 39
My Device: LG Optimus (Virgin Mobile)

$2.66 in Indy ... cheapest in about a month.