ACE - Master
hpmsrm
My Device: U-verse - Motorola "Atrix" HD
Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Brrrrrr.  It dropped down to 12.2 degrees under clear sky last night.  Had to get up early today for a doctor appointment.  Alfie did not have any desire to go his walk in temperature that cold.  So we just strolled around the yard and he got his "jobs" done near home. 

HOWEVER......I really should not gripe.  We lived in Central Iowa from 1966 to 1984.  It was a period of miserable winters.  This Kansas bred boy had never seen 25 degrees BELOW zero until then.  When it started snowing .....from the middle of November to the usual thaw in late January we folks in the residential areas would never see bare street pavement.....just packed snow cover.  At times the snow would get so deep that my snow blower could not heave it high enough to get it over the drifts and it would fall back onto the driveway or sidewalk.  I really cannot find adequate words to describe how I felt about having to go out at 6:30 AM and -20 to -25 degrees with 20 to 25 mph winds to remove snow from our driveway and sidewalks.  It gave new meaning to the word MISERABLE.  But here in the Kansas City area we are just far enough south that we have not experienced those kinds of winters.  I think the natural warming cycle that we're in right now has helped.  I'm sure things will swing back the other way in a few years.

On one notable occasion....just as the space shuttle was about to lift off....one U.S. astronaut turned to the one in the seat next to him and commented, "And just remember...you're sitting on top of $100 million worth of parts manufactured by the lowest bidder." A real confidence builder, eh?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.