Uniblurb3
Topics: 469
Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #231

Since you insist, from the weather thread: :smileywink:

I remember the worst Easter egg hunt we ever took our kids to. I was visiting my brother down in Miami and the egg hunt was on the real "Miami Beach". A local radio station had buried plastic eggs in the sand, said there was money in them, and blocked that part of the beach off with yellow tape.

Man, was there a lot of people there and I don't think some of them even had kids with them. Right at 11am they "opened the gates" and a stampede of people hit the beach with adults digging in the sand like dogs. Our kids only got a few eggs and the cheapo radio station was only putting like 3 pennies to a nickel in each plastic egg. Terrible scene with a bunch of kids crying and never again! :smileysad:

And to top it off it was hot, about 85 degrees, with the sun beating down and no shade. Not my idea of an Easter egg hunt. :smileywink:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.