Computer-Joe
Topics: 247
Solutions: 72
My Device: works just fine, thank you.
Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #232

hpmsrm wrote:

Dave, I had a post all ready to go but after that last photo of yours.......

well...I can't top that one.Smiley Face Clapping Hands.gif

I have removed Chrome from my laptop.  Causing too many problems.  I started getting strange messages.  For example "This add-on has stopped functioning an needs to be removed."  But nothing indicated WHICH add-on was being referred to.  Only had three installed.  Turned them all off and the message kept popping back up.  Drove me nuts.  THEN it started popping up when I was not even using Chrome....like when I was using my Paint Shop Pro photo editing app.   I also started getting blank screens when I'd go from one app to another, etc.   At first I thought, "oh boy, now I've been infected with a bug of some sort".  But I ran all my detection apps and nothing showed up.  Finally I used my Revo Uninstaller to completely remove Chrome and after that all my problems went away.  I have no idea what was causing them.  But I had a couple of other objections to little inconveniences in Chrome so I'm not going to miss it.  I'm back to my FireFox 11.0 and all is well.  The problem with that pop up message did not occur at first but rather it came on after about a week of using Chrome.   I do admit Chrome makes everything on the Internet happen a bit quicker than FF but not enough so to persuade me to put up with the other problems.  And so it goes........

I wanted to go to the barber shop on Tuesday.  But then my oldest son called and wanted me to drive him down to Tulsa, OK to pick up a car.  Barber shop closed on Monday....so I bit my lip and went to the "Great Clips" shop where my wife goes.  I've always had bad results when I let a gal cut my hair.....ALWAYS.  But I really needed this cut because store personnel were starting to call security when they'd see me come in the door.  So....as I said....I bit my lip and went to the "Great Clips" shop.  "Long, medium or short?" she asked.  I replied, "medium".    Well......now everyone thinks I've gone "skin head."  I need only a few tatoos, a leather jacket and a Harley and I'm all set to go.  WHEN am I gonna learn.  At least I'll save money because I'm not going to need another hair cut for about 6 months.Senior Motorcyclists.gifPuff of Smoke.gif

IMO, the cut might not be top notch, but the experience of having the full attention of a women who is not telling you to take out the garbage (or reminding you of something you did wrong 20 years ago) is always worth the time. :smileywink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.