Scholar
rt123
Re: U-verse Channel Request Website
Weather star local on the 8's hope U-Verse adds that equipment soon thanks .
spd2demun
Kudos: 86
My Device: ♥ U-verse! NOT~AN~EMPLOYEE!

Agree with that!  Been waiting since 2007.

rt123 wrote:
Weather star local on the 8's hope U-Verse adds that equipment soon thanks .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Contributor
sweetbonbon
Re: U-verse Channel Request WebsiteNeed new channels added,

I would like to request these channels,

Retro tv,Metv,Antenna tv, Hall mark channel Hall mark movie channel,

texasguy37
Topics: 1,791
Kudos: 241
Solutions: 273

sweetbonbon wrote:

I would like to request these channels,

Retro tv,Metv,Antenna tv, Hall mark channel Hall mark movie channel,

Make sure that you enter you requests in the website found in the link shown in the first message of this thread.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Contributor
sotg_dallas

the site isn't working. Page not found.

texasguy37

The website found in the link in the first message in this thread is working.  I just accessed it.

spd2demun
Kudos: 86
My Device: ♥ U-verse! NOT~AN~EMPLOYEE!

Works for me, too. :catwink::catwink:

Contributor
Scriptx

I have had both Time Warner and Directv for the past 20+ Years and recently switched to Uverse and I really like Uverse but My mother is mad that they don't have the HALLMARK Channel. I would like to request it for her and hope that it will come so I can stop hearing her talk about not having it.

jfw
Topics: 147
Kudos: 26
Solutions: 23
[ Edited ]

Scriptx wrote:

I have had both Time Warner and Directv for the past 20+ Years and recently switched to Uverse and I really like Uverse but My mother is mad that they don't have the HALLMARK Channel. I would like to request it for her and hope that it will come so I can stop hearing her talk about not having it.

Uverse used to have the Hallmark channel but the two have been involved in a carriage dispute (over money) for over a year now and have yet to come to terms so don't expect Hallmark back anytime soon, if ever. you can read more about it here. http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/Post-about-the-Hallmark-channel-here/td-p/2033017

If you want to put in your two cents worth, you can do it here.
http://uversechannels.att.com/

Mentor
mtavery24

Any plans to add Disney Junior the Channel?  Launches towards end of March

Scholar
rt123
Does anyone have any info on Disney Jr. if and when U-Verse will carry it there have been over 100 request for this channel and growing most of major cable providers have sign up to carry it .
Scholar
rt123
I don't think i have ever seen so many requests for one channel in a long time which is Disney Jr channel when these parents speak U-Verse should listen .
Scholar
LoveHD

[AT&T] U-verse Channel Request Website

I vote for bringing back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel (SD and HD). It would be a relief to finally end that controversy. (And I wouldn't argue against a return of NHL Network, in both HD and SD.)

As for a linear HD of a currently carried SD: BBC America.

Mentor
Darth Padre

Fox Sports San Diego, please.

ACE - Professor
dwinth
My Device: U- Verse

Darth Padre wrote:

Fox Sports San Diego, please.

Please make your request on the U-Verse channel request web site:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Mentor
Darth Padre

I did.  It can't be said enough though.  You may as well pull out of the San Diego market if you don't carry this channel.

Scholar
rt123
Why wont U-verse add Disney Jr . all the other major cable providers have signed up for it more and more U-Verse customers are requesting it i know i sound like broken record if Verizon can do it ATT can do it .
RCSMG
Topics: 1,289
Kudos: 101
Solutions: 66

If they are working to add DC there will not be an announcement about it.  One day someone will post that Uverse has the channel and then others will follow as they confirm it.  Then about 2 weeks to a month ATT will make some kind of announcement that the channel is active.

Scholar
rt123
@RCSMG that sounds encouraging U-Verse already has deal with Disney if they working on an carriage agreement for Disney Jr. then could be good news i know wont happen right away .
Contributor
canelaw99
What is extremely frustrating is that the consistent message on the Uverse facebook page from the AT&T reps is that SoapNet is to be carried through the end of the year, and there are no plans to carry Disney Jr. I just can't believe a huge provider like Uverse is refusing to sign an agreement for a channel that thousands have requested.
Scholar
rt123
I have read on Charter facebook that they are closely working with Disney to add Disney Jr. and to come to an agreement that sounds more promising than what U-Verse is saying i have Charter in my area .
ACE - Professor
dwinth
My Device: U- Verse

rt123 wrote:
I have read on Charter facebook that they are closely working with Disney to add Disney Jr. and to come to an agreement that sounds more promising than what U-Verse is saying i have Charter in my area .

Since you want Disney Jr. so badly, I would switch to Charter if they make an agreement with ABC/Disney.

Contributor
oldiebg
please add Me-TV 43 W.S.A.H.

Does anyone here know the email address of the people at AT&T who make channel line-up decisions?  I am requesting they add MeTV Channel 43 W S A H in Bridgeport, CT to the New Haven-Hartford channel line-up.  

I've had no luck with the Uverse operators requesting this station.  I know it's confusing, but this is why......

The station is licensed to Bridgeport, CT (Fairfield County) which is in the New York City market.  So the station is already offered on Fairfield County AT&T Uverse line-up, as it should be.

However, it's not offered on my line-up for New Haven-Hartford AT&T Uverse because technically it's considered out-of-market.  Even though the station's transmitter is located in Seymour, CT (New Haven County) which is in the New Haven-Hartford market.  And even though we already receive out-of-market channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 50 on Uverse.  It really makes no sense at all!

Because the station is in such an odd geographic position, in 2000 the FCC made the following ruling (DA 00-880):

III. ORDERING CLAUSES

8. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the television market of television station WASH(TV) IS MODIFIED to include the following Connecticut communities: Branford, Chester, East Haven, Guilford, Madison, North Branford, North Haven, Wallingford, the City of New Haven, Clinton, Deep River, Durham, Esse, Haddam, Hamden, Killington, Old Saybrook, Westbrook, West Haven, Orange, Milford, Stratford, Woodbridge, Prospect, Wolcott, Waterbury, Middlebury, Plymouth,

New Milford, Bridgewater, Southbury, Woodbury, Kent, Washington, Roxbury, Bethlehem Borough, Seymour, Shelton, Naguatuck, Oxford, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby and Ansonia (in New Haven, Litchfield, and Middlese counties). 

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the television market of television station WSAH(TV)
9. IS NOT MODIFIED with respect to the following Hartford County, Connecticut communities:
Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, East Hartford, Farmington, Hartford, New
Britain, Plainville, Simsbury, West Hartford, Windsor, Meriden, Cheshire, Southington, Manchester,
Glastonbury, Newington, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield and South Windsor.

This action is taken pursuant to authority delegated by Section 0.321 of the Commission's

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

William H. Johnson
Deputy Chief, Cable Services Bureau

If the FCC modified / expanded this station's market in 2000, why hasn't AT&T complied and offered it to those areas of New Haven, Litchfield, or Middlese counties?  

This is a local station that's offered on our cable company.  While it's not worth leaving Uverse over, this is a huge oversight made by AT&T.  I hope someone influential sees this and can do something about it.  Thanks.

texasguy37
[ Edited ]

oldiebg wrote:

Does anyone here know the email address of the people at AT&T who make channel line-up decisions?  I am requesting they add MeTV Channel 43 W S A H in Bridgeport, CT to the New Haven-Hartford channel line-up.  

I've had no luck with the Uverse operators requesting this station.  I know it's confusing, but this is why......

Use the link in the first message of this thread to make channel requests as opposed to posting those requests in this thread.

Also, U-verse does not carry any broadcast subchannel, thus if METV is carried on a broadcast subchannel, it will not be added to the U-verse lineup.

By the way, making a request does not mean that the request will be granted.

aviewer
Topics: 23
Kudos: 394
Solutions: 363
Re: please add Me-TV 43 W.S.A.H.
Here is the channel request web site - http://uversechannels.att.com/

Fairfield/New Haven is a unique situation & especially confusing. I appreciate that u-verse includes New York Stations for New Haven county. I wish they could go all the way & set the channel line up as Fairfield/ New Haven, with Hartford separate.

The FCC ruling is confusing. Especially where it lists Meriden and Cheshire as Hartford county. Thank God the are in New Haven county.
JefferMC
Topics: 141
Kudos: 430
Solutions: 226
My Device: U-verse/VZW Samsung Galaxy S4

TG, a moderator moved his "new topic" post into this thread.  Don't blame the poster for tacking it on to your thread.

I get the impression this isn't a subchannel issue.

texasguy37
[ Edited ]

JefferMC wrote:

TG, a moderator moved his "new topic" post into this thread.  Don't blame the poster for tacking it on to your thread.

I get the impression this isn't a subchannel issue. 

I'm not blaming anyone.  I'm just letting the poster know to use the link in the first message of this thread to make channel requests as opposed to creating a new message whether it be in this thread or in a new thread.

SomeJoe7777
Topics: 1,011
Kudos: 632
Solutions: 299
Yes, the Fairfield county / Hartford-New Haven area is extremely confusing. I went through this when I finally organized the UV Realtime channel database, and I have an entire color-coded spreadsheet to figure out just those two markets.

WSAH is not a subchannel, and is carried in the Fairfield market. Fairfield is strange just in and of itself, because it is in Connecticut, but due to previous history, is allowed to receive most of the New York broadcast channels. Hartford-New Haven cannot, however.

However, this latest FCC ruling apparently allows some Fairfield channels (including WSAH) to be carried in the Hartford-New Haven DMA, but AT&T has not placed it there as of yet.

However, I know for a fact that AT&T knows about these arrangements, because there are some New York (and therefore Fairfield) channels that are already carried in the Hartford-New Haven DMA, including:

WCBS (Ch 2 in Fairfield, Ch 12 in Htfd-NewHvn)
WNBC (4 FF, 14 H-NH)
WNYW (5 FF, 15 H-NH)
WABC (7 FF, 17 H-NH)
WWOR (9 FF, 19 H-NH)
WPIX (11 FF, 21 H-NH)
WNET (13 FF, 23 H-NH)
WNJN (Ch 50 in both DMAs)
WCBS-HD (1002 FF, 1012 H-NH)
WNBC-HD (1004 FF, 1014 H-NH)
WNYW-HD (1005 FF, 1015 H-NH)
WABC-HD (1007 FF, 1017 H-NH)
WWOR-HD (1009 FF, 1019 H-NH)
WPIX-HD (1011 FF, 1021 H-NH)
WNET-HD (1013 FF, 1023 H-NH)

In addition to that situation, there are some channels that are the reverse: They are Hartford-New Haven DMA channels that are also carried in Fairfield county.

For a full list of all the local channels carried in each DMA, go to AT&T's channel lineup page at:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/channel-lineup.jsp#fbid=esgi_qhEVmW

Use zip code 06515 to see the Hartford-New Haven DMA, and use zip code 06831 to see the Fairfield county DMA.
aviewer
Topics: 23
Kudos: 394
Solutions: 363
Here is the FCC significantly viewed list that should be the reason that most of the NY channels are in New Haven county - http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-24A1.pdf

It may help explaining other similar situations across the country.

There are probably other agreements that impact the ability to include channels.

I thought I saw something a while back that WSAH was going for a transmitter in NY to get greater coverage.

Tutor
aostapiej
The CW Channel

any chance of us getting the CW channel in SC anytime soon?