Contributor
oldiebg
please add Me-TV 43 W.S.A.H.

Does anyone here know the email address of the people at AT&T who make channel line-up decisions?  I am requesting they add MeTV Channel 43 W S A H in Bridgeport, CT to the New Haven-Hartford channel line-up.  

I've had no luck with the Uverse operators requesting this station.  I know it's confusing, but this is why......

The station is licensed to Bridgeport, CT (Fairfield County) which is in the New York City market.  So the station is already offered on Fairfield County AT&T Uverse line-up, as it should be.

However, it's not offered on my line-up for New Haven-Hartford AT&T Uverse because technically it's considered out-of-market.  Even though the station's transmitter is located in Seymour, CT (New Haven County) which is in the New Haven-Hartford market.  And even though we already receive out-of-market channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 50 on Uverse.  It really makes no sense at all!

Because the station is in such an odd geographic position, in 2000 the FCC made the following ruling (DA 00-880):

III. ORDERING CLAUSES

8. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the television market of television station WASH(TV) IS MODIFIED to include the following Connecticut communities: Branford, Chester, East Haven, Guilford, Madison, North Branford, North Haven, Wallingford, the City of New Haven, Clinton, Deep River, Durham, Esse, Haddam, Hamden, Killington, Old Saybrook, Westbrook, West Haven, Orange, Milford, Stratford, Woodbridge, Prospect, Wolcott, Waterbury, Middlebury, Plymouth,

New Milford, Bridgewater, Southbury, Woodbury, Kent, Washington, Roxbury, Bethlehem Borough, Seymour, Shelton, Naguatuck, Oxford, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby and Ansonia (in New Haven, Litchfield, and Middlese counties). 

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the television market of television station WSAH(TV)
9. IS NOT MODIFIED with respect to the following Hartford County, Connecticut communities:
Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, East Hartford, Farmington, Hartford, New
Britain, Plainville, Simsbury, West Hartford, Windsor, Meriden, Cheshire, Southington, Manchester,
Glastonbury, Newington, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield and South Windsor.

This action is taken pursuant to authority delegated by Section 0.321 of the Commission's

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

William H. Johnson
Deputy Chief, Cable Services Bureau

If the FCC modified / expanded this station's market in 2000, why hasn't AT&T complied and offered it to those areas of New Haven, Litchfield, or Middlese counties?  

This is a local station that's offered on our cable company.  While it's not worth leaving Uverse over, this is a huge oversight made by AT&T.  I hope someone influential sees this and can do something about it.  Thanks.