SomeJoe7777
Topics: 1,011
Kudos: 635
Solutions: 301
Re: U-verse Channel Request Website
Yes, the Fairfield county / Hartford-New Haven area is extremely confusing. I went through this when I finally organized the UV Realtime channel database, and I have an entire color-coded spreadsheet to figure out just those two markets.

WSAH is not a subchannel, and is carried in the Fairfield market. Fairfield is strange just in and of itself, because it is in Connecticut, but due to previous history, is allowed to receive most of the New York broadcast channels. Hartford-New Haven cannot, however.

However, this latest FCC ruling apparently allows some Fairfield channels (including WSAH) to be carried in the Hartford-New Haven DMA, but AT&T has not placed it there as of yet.

However, I know for a fact that AT&T knows about these arrangements, because there are some New York (and therefore Fairfield) channels that are already carried in the Hartford-New Haven DMA, including:

WCBS (Ch 2 in Fairfield, Ch 12 in Htfd-NewHvn)
WNBC (4 FF, 14 H-NH)
WNYW (5 FF, 15 H-NH)
WABC (7 FF, 17 H-NH)
WWOR (9 FF, 19 H-NH)
WPIX (11 FF, 21 H-NH)
WNET (13 FF, 23 H-NH)
WNJN (Ch 50 in both DMAs)
WCBS-HD (1002 FF, 1012 H-NH)
WNBC-HD (1004 FF, 1014 H-NH)
WNYW-HD (1005 FF, 1015 H-NH)
WABC-HD (1007 FF, 1017 H-NH)
WWOR-HD (1009 FF, 1019 H-NH)
WPIX-HD (1011 FF, 1021 H-NH)
WNET-HD (1013 FF, 1023 H-NH)

In addition to that situation, there are some channels that are the reverse: They are Hartford-New Haven DMA channels that are also carried in Fairfield county.

For a full list of all the local channels carried in each DMA, go to AT&T's channel lineup page at:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/channel-lineup.jsp#fbid=esgi_qhEVmW

Use zip code 06515 to see the Hartford-New Haven DMA, and use zip code 06831 to see the Fairfield county DMA.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.